THIS DIARY IS 5 DAYS, MONDAY TO FRIDAY FOR 6 MONTHS - 1 JULY TO 31 DECEMBER 2022
Want to do better at assessment in 2022? This diary is an indispensable tool for programming and reflection referencing the EYLF for compliance under the NQS.
The Central Outdoor Programming Diary is designed to ensure intentional teaching does not stop when going outdoors. It is a space for all rooms to collaborate on planning a deliberate and purposeful outdoor program that values each child.
Save time checking each room's individual program by collaborating together on your shared outdoor spaces. All while simplifying your workload with this all-inclusive diary that enables quick access to weekly and future programming utilising both notes and visuals.
- Captures the planning of each room collaboratively in one program,
- Allows the indoor and outdoor programs to connect and extend children's learning,
- Supports Educators in charge of setting up outdoor spaces with a clear picture of what is planned for each room,
- Enables intentional and inclusive environments for all children outdoors,
- Provides Families with easily accessible information about the outdoor program and how their children's learning is being planned for,
- Fosters children's autonomy, decision-making, and connection with Nature through purposeful boxes on Risky Play, Messy/Water Play, and Nature/Exploration.
Build collaborative partnerships as children's learning can be recorded by all staff in the outdoor environment. The Evaluation & Extension Ideas reflection space allows all staff to capture children's learning and reflect on the success and challenges of the program. Children are also encouraged to collaborate with 'Spontaneous/Children's Choice' which enables children's autonomy as they craft their own learning through their interests.
How to use this diary:
- One Central Outdoor Programming Diary is used for each outdoor space
- Educators in all rooms who use the outdoor space collaborate on planned experiences and learning for children that extend on their previous indoor and outdoor experiences
- The program includes;
- Fine Motor/Cognitive experiences,
- Gross Motor/ Physical experiences,
- Risky Play,
- Messy/Water Play,
- Nature Play/Exploration,
- Structured Games,
- Spontaneous/Children's Choice, and lastly
- A Blank Box to use in a way that best enables your centre's program. For example, this could be Family/Community Input, Changes to the Environment, or Observations Captured.
Who is this diary for?
- Educational Leaders & Room Leaders
- Long Day Care Educators
- Preschool Educators
- Family Day Care Educators
- Kindergarten Educators
- OSHC Educators
What are the benefits of the 2022 Weekly Programming and Reflection Diary?
- 'At a glance' weekly overviews displayed across two pages.
- Evidence against the NQS, regs and the law
- Helps with Quality Improvement
- Reduces paperwork, photocopying and filing
- Provides seamless record keeping all in one place.
- Easy to use
Use this diary in conjunction with the Weekly Programming and Reflection Diaries